Friday 14 May 2010

Jasmine

Hello, my name is Jasmine. I have a lot of time on my paws, so thought you might like to hear what is new in my life?

I am 16 years old (but if any of those tom cats ask, I say I am eight as I can jump fences with the best of them).

A few weeks ago my life turned upside down.

I had a home by the sea, and spent my days watching those pesky seagulls out of the window. My owner let me sleep on her bed, and I dreamt of all those mice that I used to chase in the garden. Then one day I was rudely woken and put in that box thing. Once I had stopped meowing I realised that I had been taken on a journey far away from everything that I had known for the last sixteen years.... And so here I am at the Cats Protection.

My owner decided that things had changed at home and she could not look after me anymore. If I could cry I would have used up all the tissues! But life must go on, and I want to share my adventures & what happens to cats like me that need a new home.

Week 1

I have been taken to my own little ‘cabin’. It’s small but clean and I have the softest blanket I have ever felt. I like watching all the big ones going past. The radio is on and though I enjoy hearing familiar sounds, I cannot say the same about some of the big ones singing that accompanies it!

I feel shy today and do not want to leave my blanket. All these new sounds and smells have confused me.

A pretty big one came to see me; she looked at my paws. My feet have hurt for a long time now, it has made walking difficult.
She told me that my claws were overgrown and I must have an operation.

And now here I am, my ingrown claws have been snipped & the wounds on my pads have healed. They gave me special medicine so I went to sleep whilst they sorted it out. I can’t tell you what a relief it is. Big ones often don’t realise that when cats get old we need to have them clipped sometimes. They are so nice here, I told them about my sore teeth, and they are going to fix that too.

I am now glad that I am here, as they really know how to look after us pussycats!

Well I need to have a little nap now (it’s my favourite thing) so I will CATch up with you in a few days and let you know how my dental check goes.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby. At least these new big ones are looking after you. They looked after my NCAC cat Al (nee Almond) even though he was noisy, nervous and a pain! Then he came to live with me and its all good. Hope you get a nice home soon where you can watch the birds and have a huge bed!

    ReplyDelete