Monday 28 June 2010

Good Afternoon from Lady Lulu


Hello my dears! I do hope you don't mind me taking over this week? Tommy (what a handsome chap) has had to go and talk to some of the big ones about why they are so busy in the maternity wing...

Anyway, it's lovely to be able to talk to you all. I get very lonely at night and miss the company of someone special. Though I am 15, I still have lots of energy to chase butterflies and would dearly love to sit next to you on the sofa to watch Top Gear (that Richard Hammond is such a cutie). But I am here to answer and hopefully solve any questions you may have on us felines! While I wait for you to get in touch, I have added some interesting facts you may not know:

**It has been scientifically proven that owning cats is good for our health and can decrease the occurrence of high blood pressure and other illnesses.

**Stroking a cat can help to relieve stress, and the feel of a purring cat on your lap conveys a strong sense of security and comfort.

**The ancient Egyptians were the first civilisation to realise the cat's potential as a vermin hunter and tamed cats to protect the corn supplies on which their lives depended.

**Sir Isaac Newton is not only credited with the laws of gravity but is also credited with inventing the cat flap.

**A cat has more bones than a human being; humans have 206 and the cat has 230 bones.

**A cat's hearing is much more sensitive than humans and dogs.

**Cats see six times better in the dark and at night than humans.

So if you kindly adopt one of us, who knows what else you will learn?!

Have to pop off now as the kittens need me to sing their lullaby. Don't forget to get in touch. It would make an old lady very happy.

Bless you all.
Lulu xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lulu!
    I didn't know about Newton... what a smart guy! Thanks for all the useful information.
    xx
    Irene

    ReplyDelete